• Behance
  • LinkedIn
  • Xing
  • Facebook

Services

What I can do for You


3D-Artistry

There is nothing that can't be modeled and textured in 3D. I may model your product, your house, your environment, your character, your animal or any fiction you want to see in digital reality. Preferably in Autodesk Maya but not essentially.

Unity3D Expert

Integration of Assets into Realtime-Engines is an important skillpoint for the modern digital artist. There is a lot more to it than just drag'and'droping the asset into the game. It needs deep knowledge in workflow-definition, testing, performance profiling and asset-organization if you want to have a clean and functional application at the end.

Concept Art, 2D-Design & Texturing

I develop simple apps or prototypes for Mobile, PC or HTC Vive. If you want to take a first look into the capabilities of interactive design for your brand or product, this is your way in.

Animation & Storyboard

If there is something visually to explain then you need a sketch. If there is some story tell then you need a storyboard.

Virtual Reality Expertise

Virtual Reality is the biggest variable in the media-industry. Only a Hype? Just a trending topic? I show you that VR has more to it than meets the eye. You want to amaze people, make people aware of your sensible topic, bring them something closer? There is no better medium than VR for that.

Workflow & Pipeline-Knowhow

Each and every project has its peculiar goals and needs. Artists and Directors want to work as freely as possible in this world of technical hurdles. I can help build up your pipeline, your project structure and help solve problems and issues for your movie, game or other project you want to realize.

Portfolio

Best-Of

Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist.
Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist.

About Me

Let me introduce myself


A bit about me

My name is Ansgar Messmer, I'm a professional Game Artist who finds interest in almost every aspect of Creative Work.

My goal is to create projects in a motivated team which make myself proud and to expand my skills as an artist.

Profile

Ansgar Messmer

Personal info

Ansgar Messmer

I live and work from Dusseldorf, Germany. But it always drives me out into the world, I eat and cook a lot and pay attention to a balanced
Work-Life Balance Nerd.

Birthday: 18 JUNE 1987
Phone number: +(176) 996 430 78
E-mail: contact@ansgarmessmer.com

Curriculum Vitae

What happened until now


Permanent employment & Education

  • 2010 - 2016

    Lead Artist
    Independent Arts Software

    In these 5 years my team and I sucessfully finished over a dozen finished projects. There is a lot more to say but I don't know what. So I will just fill this shit up. Happy new fuckin year.

  • 2009

    3D Artist Praktikant
    Deck13

    My first experience as an artist in the gaming industry. In my intern at the well-known german Game-Developer Deck13. I worked there as an Environment Modeler and for some weeks I worked on Matte Paintings.

  • 2007 - 2010

    Bachelor of Arts
    MHMK Macromedia University Germany

    I graduated as a Bachelor of Arts with a grade of 1.7. The study was very practical structured with semester projects and included all areas of media production. I focused my work on computer animation and interactive content.

Freelance clients

  • 2017, Sept. - 2020, June

    Freelance Unity Artist
    tv-show // SWR-tv-channel, capture media gmbh

    For an AR-Projection I programmed procedures, created effects, animations and materials. The realtime 3d-character was projected live onto the Live-Take of the health-tv-show 'Rundum Gesund'.I especially worked with Unity's Timeline, Shader Graph & VFX-Graph.

    #AR #Unity #VFX #Animation #Asset-Integration

  • 2017, Nov. - 2019, June

    Freelance CG-Supervisor
    animated feature film // seru film produktion GmbH

    For this 3d-animated full feature film, I worked as a cg-supervisor and 3D artist. I was responsible for the entire CG-Pipeline (except Post-Production).

    #Modeling #UV #Workflow #Produktion #V-Ray #Maya

  • 2016, Sept. - 2017, Feb.

    Freelance Unity Artist
    vr-application // Julius Fröbus GmbH

    I developed a VR-application on-site for the HTC Vive. I was assigned for its visual presentation, as well as the software-development and its concept.

    #VR #Software-Development #Materials #Unity

  • 2016 - 2017

    Freelance 3D Artist
    realtime-simulator // Defense Company

    I modeled and textured detailed, realistic 3D vehicles for real-time simulators.

    #Modeling #Texturing #UV-Mapping #Realtime #Sim

Skills & Things about me

Realtime Artist
86%
Autodesk Maya
Creative Mind
91%
Unity Engine
VR-Enthusiast
71%
Drawboard

Contact

Get in touch with me


Adress/Street

Caecilienstreet 9, 40597 Dusseldorf, Germany

Phone number

+(49) 176 996 430 78

Legal regime

Impressum

Datenschutz